Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c – Offline upgrade
My prod site are not connected to internet, we are working in intranet.
How to upgrade agents / download updates / plugins etc.?
Example on Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c version 18.104.22.168.0 (release 4) – but this is similiar to previous releaseses.
We need current em_catalog.
Download it from: https://updates.oracle.com/download/em_catalog.zip
003. Apply current em_catalog
Come to oem12c console and go to Setup ==> Provisioning and Patching ==> Offline Patching
- Set connection to Offline state
- Select (Przeglądaj in polish) downloaded em_catalog.zip from oracle site
- Click on “Upload“
- You will see:
- Success: Catalog file has been successfully uploaded
- “Refresh From My Oracle Support” – A new job has been successfully submitted to process the uploaded Catalog file.
- You can click on link “Refresh…….”
- or skip to section 004.
- You will see new page with details of current operation
- click on Show for additional info
Catalog is uploaded (Status Succeeded) – this steep taken about 5 minutes.
004. Self Update
Go to Setup ==> Extensibility ==> Self Update
Click on “Check updates” button.
Window with adress will appear.
Example (Your address can vary!):
- download this file and send to server (ftp) to accessible location
- login into OMS (emcli ….)
- apply patch (give full path+filename on file parameter!)
[oracle@localhost ~]$ emcli login -username=sysman Enter password Login successful [oracle@oem12c]$ emcli import_update -omslocal -file=/u01/oem12c_03/2014-12-15/p9348486_112000_Generic.zip Processing update: Agent Software - Agent Software (22.214.171.124.0) for HP-UX Itanium Successfully uploaded the update to Enterprise Manager. Use the Self Update Console to manage this update.
Amount of available upgrades will rise.
005. Download new agent version
Click on “Agent Software” to see list of supported agents.
- I have applied (bottom) Agent Software version 126.96.36.199.0 (release 3) on HP-UX Itanium platform (marked with yellow box)
- we see, that version 188.8.131.52 (current release 4) for HP-UX Itanium are available (2 green arrows)
- mark this version
- click on Download button
- copy link and download file from web, transfer to oms server
- like last one, we use emcli
- we already logged in, so we must only apply downloaded patch
[oracle@oem12c]$ emcli import_update -omslocal -file=/u01/oem12c_03/2014-12-15/p9348486_112000_Generic.zip Processing update: Agent Software - Agent Software (184.108.40.206.0) for HP-UX Itanium Successfully uploaded the update to Enterprise Manager. Use the Self Update Console to manage this update.
- comeback to OMS panel and mark line with new downloaded agent version (do you see new icon?)
- in this example i downloaded both agents – from Itanium and PA-RISC version
- click on Apply button
Confirm action (OK).
You can click on “Job Details” for additional info about this operation.
006. Let’s check for changes?
Go to Setup ==> Manage Cloud Control ==> Upgrade Agents
- select tab named “Agent Upgrade Tasks“
- select position “Upgrade Agents“
- click on “Add” button to add new upgrade request
New (old) version of agents now are ready to upgrade process!
In example – i have a lot of 220.127.116.11.0 (release 3) ready to be upgraded to 18.104.22.168.0 (release 4)
Entire process are fast to implement and very easy to perform.
On next turorial i describe entire agent upgrade process – this can sometime throw some errors…
.Tags: agent, eng, hp-ux, linux, oem12c, oms, oracle, Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c, upgrade